Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Antoine Doinel.

This week starts a week of Francoise Truffaut
Films. After two films and a host of extras; i don't want it to end.
I have started with the Antoine Doinel series that criterion put out,
HOLY GOD ITS SO GOOD!!! not just the movies, the disks are
flat out fantastic!!!
I wrote this huge post for 400 blows the other night, but after
viewing Stolen Kisses, i waited to post it, i wish to write about
the set when i finish. BUT! suffice to say, its going on my favorites list!!!
Stolen Kisses is the second amazing movie experience of the week.
Its getting to a point where im concentrating on so many great movies,
everything else is just going to seem limp from now on.

I started Antoine De Baecque's Biography of Truffaut this afternoon,
it just make me giddy to read about Truffaut's place in French Film History.
(Film Clubs, Henri Langlois's Cinematheque, Cahiers du Cinéma and that french new wave thing)
anywho, so far its a good read! (gossipy) but good!

oh. And sometime i should speak up for Mutual Appreciation.
it too took a little chunk out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home